Saturday, September 17, 2016

3D Week 04 Lego Project Part 02

This week's assignment was to create another Lego piece and build a new scene in UE4.

I chose to make simpler objects this time around so that I could focus on other homework this week as last week almost all of my time was dedicated to making the tire.  I chose to make two pieces, a flat cap and a tapered cone thing.  Overall, with setting up size references and making LODs, it took me about 45 minutes to create both pieces.  I probably spent another 15 minutes setting up the pieces for picture taking. Starting on the left is my wire frame, normal view, and smooth preview.  I learned a lot from making the tire and I was really happy with how fast and easy these pieces were to make.

I was on the aircraft team and we ended up splitting up into two smaller teams to make our air vehicle.  The girls formed one team and so it ended up with Tiffany Brodie, Kendall Robertson and I on a team while Matthew Trupiano, Yunhao Huo, and Hezekiah Olopade formed the other team.  The girls team was heavily inspired by Tron and chose to make a passenger vehicle.  I worked on the main body while Tiffany created the wings and Kendall took care of materials.  Overall we probably spent about 3.5 hours making our craft.

Huge shout out to the environment team for putting everything together and to Leah for doing the amazing lighting.


































1 comment:

  1. Modeling work turned out nice and clean. Display is nice and clean in Maya, In UE4 display, please do not use the default material, makes it hard to see the shape at times.

    UE4 team project tuned out very nice, I do think that the materials could have used a bit more work. It is cool to have the glowing part but it does feel like the glow material was leaned on a bit much, so what we ended up with was super bright materials and super dark materials, there is no real value change across the spectrum of what is shown. Also designs did feel a bit too compartmentalized, needed to have a little more syncing up between pieces that were made to make a unified design.

    ReplyDelete