Sunday, December 11, 2016

2D Figure Drawing




This week we are submitting our 3 best figure drawings studies.  .  

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

2D Week 15

This week, I worked on helping the other teams with animation state machines and adding procedural animation to their characters.  I also worked with Kay who created a new rig for Connor's  updated face tree model.  I was able to do a fair amount more with this rig although there are still limitations as we are still in the proxy phase.  Overall, I probably spent about 3 hours working on stuff for this class.


Monday, November 28, 2016

2D Week 14

This week I worked on creating procedural animation for the Tinman's head to follow the player and I also worked to make the wave animation blend better with the idle as well as be triggered by the player entering a volume.  This was very challenging and required a lot of research into different blueprint techniques.  I spent about 6-8 hours getting this to work properly in VR.


Tuesday, November 22, 2016

2D Week 13

This week I worked on fixing the face tree animation, creating a wave animation for the tinman, and creating a bounding box in UE4 so that the animations only play when the player crosses the threshold.  Overall, I probably spent about 2-3 hours creating animations and working with the other artists on my team.




Tuesday, November 15, 2016

2D Class Week 12 Concept Round (Value Pass 01)

This week I animated our face tree to make it appear as though the player is waking it up.  Kay created a very simple rig (one controller) that I used to create a simple shake animation.  This assignment took about an hour from beginning to end. 


Tuesday, November 8, 2016

2D Class Week 11 Concept Round 01 (Thumbnails)

Here's the animation I created this week for our proxy Tinman.


I spent about 1.5 hours on this assignment from the animation and putting it in engine.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

2D Class Week 10 Concept Discovery With 3D

This week we explored our concepts even more.  I am on the character part of the Tinman team along with fellow animator Will.  We decided to do a Toon Shader for the proxy model I created last week and then we drew over our renders to create a better design.  Then Will and I picked out our favorite elements from each drawing and he drew a final concept.  I then adjusted the proxy model in Maya and created another render.


This is my toon shaded render for the proxy model I created last week.


This is Will's toon shaded render of my proxy model.


This is my quick concept drawing over the render.   


This is Will's first concept drawing. 


This is Will's second concept drawing. 


This is Will's final concept drawing where we decided the elements we wanted to combine from the previous concepts.


I adjusted the proxy model to better reflect the final concept drawing.


Here's the revised Tinman in engine next to the old proxy.



Will updated our page layout so I adjusted my old pages to the new background:




Overall time spent working on this week's hw is about 5 hours.