Saturday, September 3, 2016

3D Class Week 02 (Minecraft-ish Level)

This week's assignment was to create a beveled cube in Maya and texture it using UV's and Photoshop.  We needed to create three textures and then import everything into Unreal Engine 4.  Once that was complete, we were tasked with using the cubes and textures to create an interesting scene.  I really wanted to create a mountain with a snowy peak and some waterfalls.  Overall, I'm pleased with my results.  I played around with different ways of making the mountain and I'm pretty sure if I added just one more cube Unreal would have just quit on me.  I spent the better part of a day making this.  I'd estimate that I spent just a bit over an hour making the cube and textures, and probably four or five hours just playing in Unreal and trying to figure out how to make a mountain.






























Edit: So I saw some other people in my class creating buildings and I was really inspired to try and create my own.  Spent about two and a half hours making textures and creating this scene.  Inspired by this:





2 comments:

  1. Very nice work Boo! I like that you found a piece of concept art and sought out to build it!

    ReplyDelete