Monday, November 28, 2016
This week I worked on creating procedural animation for the Tinman's head to follow the player and I also worked to make the wave animation blend better with the idle as well as be triggered by the player entering a volume. This was very challenging and required a lot of research into different blueprint techniques. I spent about 6-8 hours getting this to work properly in VR.
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
This week I worked on fixing the face tree animation, creating a wave animation for the tinman, and creating a bounding box in UE4 so that the animations only play when the player crosses the threshold. Overall, I probably spent about 2-3 hours creating animations and working with the other artists on my team.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
This week I animated our face tree to make it appear as though the player is waking it up. Kay created a very simple rig (one controller) that I used to create a simple shake animation. This assignment took about an hour from beginning to end.
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Tuesday, November 1, 2016
This week we explored our concepts even more. I am on the character part of the Tinman team along with fellow animator Will. We decided to do a Toon Shader for the proxy model I created last week and then we drew over our renders to create a better design. Then Will and I picked out our favorite elements from each drawing and he drew a final concept. I then adjusted the proxy model in Maya and created another render.
This is my toon shaded render for the proxy model I created last week.
This is Will's toon shaded render of my proxy model.
This is my quick concept drawing over the render.
This is Will's first concept drawing.
This is Will's second concept drawing.
This is Will's final concept drawing where we decided the elements we wanted to combine from the previous concepts.
I adjusted the proxy model to better reflect the final concept drawing.
Here's the revised Tinman in engine next to the old proxy.
Will updated our page layout so I adjusted my old pages to the new background:
Overall time spent working on this week's hw is about 5 hours.