Monday, September 5, 2016

2D Art Week 02 Assignment Basics of Drawing Shape


This week's assignment was to pose two mannequins using ZBrush and then render them with Photoshop by blocking out shapes and using tone.  

Here is this week's guide to shape made by our professor:



Here is my ZBrush composition:

Starting to block out shapes for my drawing:

Adding some highlights and cleaning up lines:

Smoothed and cleaned up lines, added gradient to background, added gradient to figures to make lower halves darker:



Overall, this assignment probably took 2.5-3 hours to complete.  I did the first two stages in an hour but the last stage took awhile because I'm not very experienced with blending in Photoshop.  I could probably spend even more time on this as I enjoyed making it but RPP work calls to me.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work on this Boo! Just want a little contact shadow on the floor!

    ReplyDelete