Friday, October 14, 2016

3D Class Week 07 Bake Maps and Digital Painting for a Prop

This week we continued work on the cannon by bringing it into substance painter and baking our high res models onto the low poly cannon.  I pretty much followed Nick's videos on this with a few color changes and a different alpha stencil.  I did play around a bit with some of the materials on my own but wanted the cannon to look like Nick's overall.  I was pleased to find some really cool options and as I get more used to procedural ways of creating materials I find myself enjoying this process more.  After I was done painting my cannon, I did render it out and combine my renders into one document.  Nick's tutorial on presentation was very useful and I can see myself continuing to use these methods of display in the future.  Overall, this project took about 2.5 hours.



1 comment:

  1. Nice results. I would like to see the paint on the body stand out more, and the paint on the design pushed back a bit.

    ReplyDelete