Tuesday, October 11, 2016

2D Class Week 07 Basic Lighting

This week's assignment was to take a picture of an object and try to set up some interesting three point lighting on it.  Then we had to paint the picture in Phototshop.

Anthony helped me take a picture of my Soldier 76 statue and then I hoped into Photoshop and started out by laying some of the strongest lights and darks in the photo.  I tried to take more of a painterly approach and I didn't really care too much about blending, I just wanted those really strong shapes to stand out.  Overall, this assignment took about 5-6 hours.  A lot of the end time was just noodeling with small details and trying to figure out when I could consider this project done.  I really enjoyed this assignment as I view myself as more of a painter than a drawer.







1 comment:

  1. Very cool results, you could try bluring the bottom of the legs a little bit, and then blur the one further from the camera a little bit more. Very nice results!

    ReplyDelete